Sr. Regulatory Consultant
Direct Supervisor: Consulting Manager
Job Position Summary
EcoEngineers is seeking Senior Consultants with deep expertise in helping entities transition to a clean energy economy. The ideal candidate will be a key part of the team to help grow the company to double in size within three years. We offer a strong and stable marketing team, project success team and back office support to allow Senior Consultants to focus on their area of expertise and grow a book of business. Compensation includes a competitive base salary and commission on new sales.
EcoEngineers is targeting the following sectors as key to our growth: petroleum extraction, refining and distribution; agriculture and food production; natural gas extraction, refining and distribution; city, state and national policy formulation, resource management and sustainability; banking, asset evaluation and project finance; and power generation and distribution. We are seeking Senior Consultants who hold key relationships in one or more of the above sectors and who can make a difference in sustainability practices in these sectors.
Some examples of an ideal candidate are provided below. This list is not meant to exhaustive – merely indicative of the variety of profiles that could be successful in this role.
- Someone with long-term relationships and the power to influence one of our target sectors and can help them transition to a low-carbon future
- Someone with broad policy experience and can help liaise between industry and government on policy creation and compliance
- Someone who has successfully developed online learning platforms and can apply that skill to building the premier library of sustainability learning materials as a subscription-based service
- Someone with experience with project finance, asset valuations and asset development in the clean energy sector
- Someone with expertise in growing and selling any one of EcoEngineers’ core services – training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit
- Other profiles as can be demonstrated to meet EcoEngineers’ business goals
The individual will stay current on industry trends and regulations; participate in industry trade programs; create thought leadership pieces; maintain client relationships; and successfully and competently manage complex projects by strictly adhering to schedule of activities and budget and producing high quality work products.
- Minimum years’ experience of 10-15 years
- Minimum Qualifications include Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in growing a book of business and expanding company’s service offerings
- Relationship management and sales experience
- Other skills/specialties include: Project Management, Effective Communications, Customer Relations, Quality Assurance / Quality Control, Problem Solving, Managing a Team
General Job Duties:
- Low-Carbon Fuels Consulting: Consult with clients to help them chart a pathway to a lowcarbon future with emphasis on integrating EcoEngineers core services into the solution and assist in implementation. Specific services include, developing an educational program for stakeholders, conducting feasibility analyses of different approaches and technology use options, pre-development and development consulting, carbon intensity measurement and monitoring, regulatory analysis and engagement to maximize value of carbon reduction, support construction and startup activities, and creating a superior compliance tracking, monitoring and reporting system.
- Project management: Work directly with client on maintaining project scope and budget and schedules. Responsible for project budgeting, allocation of resources, and managing the project to a successful completion, according to quality and timeliness standards set by the applicable Program Manager. Managing a project implementation team at EcoEngineers when appropriate and coaching and mentoring support staff.
- Manage client specific projects and act as point person for client interaction for projects o Dialogue with clients and conduct market research to understand their business model and service needs.
- Independent consultant for key clients:
- Handling major client accounts which may include travel, project management, liaison with regulators, development of technical reports, and development of products and services to meet client needs.
- Business Development & Sales Support:
- Work with Sales & Marketing team to represent EcoEngineers within the low-carbon fuels industry and market the EcoEngineers brand to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the sales & marketing team.
- Identify service needs during client interactions and present these opportunities to the Sales & Marketing team in the form of 1-page summaries; follow up on leads when asked to do so by the Sales & Marketing team.
- Work within a team of Account Managers selling company services within the industry.
- Meet an annual sales goal to help company achieve financial objectives.
- Account Managers participate in a commission program within unlimited earning potential.
Contact information: Shashi Menon, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
EcoEngineers helps organizations create sustainable solutions for a better tomorrow. Our talented team of engineers, scientists, auditors, consultants, researchers, and analysts live and work at the intersection of low-carbon fuel policy, innovative technologies, and the carbon marketplace. Our people are trusted guides who help navigate the ever-changing energy landscape, providing the right tools, guidance, and knowledge to reduce our clients’ carbon footprints, and to assess the potential risk to our clients’ business from the uncertainties caused by a changing climate and low-carbon policies. Through our systematic approach, we deliver value and proven expertise through the entire clean energy continuum, including education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development, compliance management, audit, and verification.
At EcoEngineers, our people are the ambassadors of our brand and our most valuable asset. They advance our mission through their direct contributions of expertise, innovation, and integrity, and the trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our headquarters is located in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, with remote workers stationed across the country. Core office hours are 8 a.m. – 5p.m. with a liberal flex-time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.