Direct Supervisor: LCFS Program Director
Job Position Summary
We are looking for an LCA Verifier to perform GHG emission reports and fuel pathway carbon intensity (CI) verification. As more and more industries make carbon reduction claims, this position will play an active role in assisting the LCFS Program Director to develop all verification activities that involve life-cycle carbon intensity verification. Specifically, this position with direction from the LCFS Program Director will carry out verification activities under California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard, Oregon’s Clean Fuel Program and Canadian Clean Fuel Regulations.
- LCA Verifier performs GHG emission reports and carbon intensity (CI) verification projects, in accordance with California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard, Oregon’s Clean Fuel Program and Canadian Clean Fuel Regulations.
- This candidate will be leading LCA projects by reviewing and verifying GHG emission reports and Fuel Pathway CI to ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Ensure robust/credible outcomes. Interpret, document, and clearly communicate results of assessments.
- Develop methods/assessments to meet verification requirements within business operating parameters of low-carbon fuel producers. Evaluate risk levels, data samples, and compliance systems and plans.
- In addition, responsibilities include developing metrics for tracking improvement on LCA assessments and verifications.
- Actively contribute to building assessment capability through activities such as evaluation and exploration of new methods, improved project management, better document sampling and record-keeping, deeper industry insights, etc.
- Work may also include field activities, such as GHG and LCA verification site visits, facility inspections, field meetings on engineering-related issues, collection of samples, etc.
- The position involves effective communication, decision-making, and time management.
- The candidate performs other duties as required or assigned.
- 3 to 8 years of work experience in the environmental, renewable energy industry with strong analytical and statistical skills required (especially professional experience in GHG emissions reporting, LCA, sustainability, biofuels, carbon footprint management or related field)
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering, or other relevant technical degrees from an accredited college required.
- Experience in handling technical data review and interpretation, developing, adapting, and implementing LCA methodology is preferred
- Understanding current GHG and carbon regulations and calculating GHG inventories using generally accepted calculation methods and LCA models is preferred
- Skilled in writing technical reports, proven ability to manage complex information, simplify and convey it in easily understood ways.
- Ability to be an active team member on project teams towards project completion within project scope, budget and schedule and ensure quality work product and deliverables.
- Self-starter with solid attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing the most pressing and impactful matters
- Strong computer skills relevant for data processing and analysis. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, specifically advanced-level Excel.
- Effective written/verbal communication, enjoys working in a multi-functional team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently. Some travel is required to support a wide array of projects and clients
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Contact Information: Randy Prati, CPA, VP Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
EcoEngineers helps organizations create sustainable solutions for a better tomorrow. Our talented team of engineers, scientists, auditors, consultants, researchers, and analysts live and work at the intersection of low-carbon fuel policy, innovative technologies, and the carbon marketplace. Our people are trusted guides who help navigate the ever-changing energy landscape, providing the right tools, guidance, and knowledge to reduce our clients’ carbon footprints, and to assess the potential risk to our clients’ business from the uncertainties caused by a changing climate and low-carbon policies. Through our systematic approach, we deliver value and proven expertise through the entire clean energy continuum, including education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development, compliance management, audit, and verification.
At EcoEngineers, our people are the ambassadors of our brand and our most valuable asset. They advance our mission through their direct contributions of expertise, innovation, and integrity, and the trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our headquarters is located in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, with remote workers stationed across the country. Core office hours are 8 a.m. – 5p.m. with a liberal flex-time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.