Compliance Management Team Lead
Direct Supervisor: Consulting Manager
Job Position Summary
We are looking for a Compliance Management Team Lead within our consulting team. Compliance Management is one of the core five consulting service provided by EcoEngineers. Our clients depend on revenue streams from the sale emissions reductions credits – the majority of which are RINs under the federal Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) or LCFS credits under California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS). However, as new emissions reductions commitments are made and new low carbon fuel policies are enacted, the related compliance burden for regulated parties become exponentially greater. Examples of new and emerging regulations/commitments include Oregon’s Clean Fuels Program (CFP), Canada’s national LCFS, the airline industry’s CORSIA program, and various ESG reporting and data management needs.
- Oversee delivery of all compliance consulting services at EcoEngineers
- Manage facility registrations and updates under the RFS, LCFS and CFP programs
- Oversee delivery of the RIN management software subscriptions
- Assist clients with reporting under the above programs, including offering training of compliance staff
- Maintain quality and profitability of above services
- Manage a team of compliance consultants and a software developer including hiring and training as the team grows
- Be the primary interface for clients on more complex projects
- Oversee EcoEngineers’ compliance under the above programs as a consultant and auditor
- Explore new areas for growth of EcoEngineers’ compliance services
- Oversee EcoEngineers’ expansion into new regulations including new LCFS programs, ESG reporting, financial disclosure under climate laws, etc.
- Lead Compliance Management Team at EcoEngineers. Work to maintain grow EcoEngineers’ presence in compliance markets. Work with EcoEngineers leadership to develop, implement growth strategies to expand the Compliance Management revenues and team.
- Manage projects and resources to successful complete and deliver Compliance Management work
- Identify, interview, and train new Compliance Management team members
- Work with EcoEngineers leadership to create new Compliance Management services and train sales staff to sell new services
- Assist and support Account Managers and sales efforts by:
- Reviewing Compliance Management proposals
- Develop Compliance Management proposal templates
- Educating Account Managers on the services offered and provided by the Compliance Management Team
- Attend key sales calls with Account Managers to support securing new Compliance Management work
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in the following clean fuels regulations areas:
- Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS)
- California Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS)
- Oregon Clean Fuels Program (CFP)
- Other national, state, local, or voluntary regulations, as applicable
- Maintain fuel-specific and program-specific compliance guides and templates which meet applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist clients with RIN Management compliance
- Assist clients with preparing for RFS Third Party Engineering Review audits and QAP audits, including:
- Review of data and documents for conformance to the requirements of 40 CFR Part 80
- Providing templates and compliance guides
- Assist clients with preparing for LCFS Validation/Verification audits, including:
- Review of Compliance Monitoring Plans
- Assist clients with development of compliance management systems for compliance with RFS, LCFS, and other low carbon regulations.
- Review environmental technical standards and guidelines in federal and state regulations (LCFS, RFS, CFP, etc.) for clients.
- Project Manager for compliance management projects, ensuring adherence to EcoEngineers project management policy
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery, demonstrate initiative and effectively manage individual and client delivery schedules.
- Communicate scientific or technical information to internal and external clients through oral briefings, written documents, visual and verbal presentations, workshops, conferences, training sessions, or public hearings.
- Analyze data to determine validity, quality, and scientific significance and to interpret correlations between client activities and environmental effects. Support other services lines within EcoEngineers Consulting Team including Training and Education, Regulatory Engagement, Life-Cycle Analysis, and Asset Development which may include:
- Present Compliance Management education workshops
- Provide internal and external support for policy analysis including reviewing existing and proposed low carbon policies and regulations, summaries of regulations, and consulting support for clients on new or proposed policies and regulations.
- Provide advice on proper standards and regulations or the development of policies, strategies, or codes of practice for management of client compliance.
- Work with project developers to plan for ongoing compliance work.
- Minimum of five years of compliance, regulatory, or policy experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with an environmental, policy, or compliance focus.
- Knowledge of RFS, LCFS, CFP, and other clean fuels regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of, or background in biofuel production processes, renewable energy, life cycle analysis and techno-economic modeling.
- At least five years of related work and project management experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining compliance manuals, guides, or standard operating procedures.
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills are essential.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and etc.). Aptitude for learning new application if needed.
- High degree of personal responsibility, timeliness, and organization, high competency with problem solving analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work effectively on client deliverables with demanding deadlines in a team environment.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Contact Information: Brad Pleima, P.E., Consulting Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon is the biggest disruptor of the 21st century and over the next few decades. the world will transition to new ways of extracting, storing and using energy – processes that are more sustainable than those currently in practice. We believe a right mix of policy and practice can make this transition easier on affected sectors and align robust economic activity with carbon reduction. We are the catalysts that advise, shape and guide policy and practice to make this happen.
EcoEngineers delivers clean energy supply and use across multiple industry sectors with our systematic, proven 360° approach. We hold a deep understanding of what drives innovation and investment in clean energy projects, and our team of experts can guide you through the project development process from concept to commissioning. Our 360° project approach has evolved through hard-earned experience and unites our talented team with our core strengths — training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit.
We consider our team of employees to be the most valuable resource for achieving our goals. Our people are the ambassadors of our brand. The trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our office is in the East Village neighborhood in downtown Des Moines. Core office hours are from 8 am to 5pm with a liberal flex time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.