D3Max Separate Kernel Fiber Processing
Ace Ethanol | Stanley, Wisconsin
Ethanol producers must differentiate themselves in order to move forward in this low-carbon world and achieve higher premiums for their product. Ace Ethanol sought to do that by developing technology to produce high-value D3 kernel fiber ethanol. The company invested in the installation of D3MAX technology under a separate processing D3 kernel fiber pathway.
Successfully upgrading an ethanol plant requires deep knowledge of current technology, clean fuels regulations, and fuel and carbon markets. Ace chose EcoEngineers because of our expertise in those areas. We were involved in verifying and registering their pathway in the RFS and LCFS programs. The project gives diversity to the products at the 60 MGPY ethanol plant and paves the way for the ethanol industry to install additional kernel fiber facilities.
- Training and education
- Life Cycle Analysis of kernel fiber ethanol for California marketplace
- RFS Pathway Verification and Registration
- RFS Quality Assurance Program (QAP) on D3 Kernel Fiber Gallons
- Regulatory Engagement for best practices for starch separation and RIN Generation
- Verification of RFS pathway
- Timely RFS registration
- Approved RFS Q-RIN protocol
- Onboarding LCFS pathway registrations