Direct Supervisor: Consulting Manager
Job Position Summary
A Regulatory Consultant has strong project management; technical analysis/writing; and compliance/regulatory analysis experience (2-4 years or more) working with a clean fuels program such as the federal Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) or the California Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS). They will apply their project management, analytical and writing skills to the low-carbon fuels sector and help a Senior Consultant manage a book of clients. Skills/specialties include: project management, effective communications, customer relations, problem solving, critical thinking, technical writing, quantitative analysis, compliance review.
Regulatory Consultant Core Abilities:
- Project management: Work directly with client on maintaining project scope and budget and schedules. Responsible for project budgeting, allocation of resources, and managing the project to a successful completion, according to quality and timeliness standards set by the applicable Team Lead or Senior Regulatory Consultant.
- Technical analysis and writing: feasibility studies, market assessments, offtake agreements, deal structure analysis, implementation and construction of clean fuel projects.
- Compliance and regulatory review: Train/communicate with clients on compliance obligations under various regulatory programs including the RFS and LCFS; Assist with writing/review of compliance monitoring plans under various regulatory programs including the RFS and LCFS.
- Develop a focus area and conduct research, provide scientific, technical, or regulatory guidance and support for a focus area.
- Review environmental technical standards and guidelines in federal and state regulations (LCFS, RFS, etc.) for clients and internal EcoEngineers’ staff.
- Communicate scientific, technical, or regulatory information through oral briefings, written reports, workshops, conferences, training sessions, or public hearings – as assigned.
- Recommend proper application of standards and regulations on projects, policies, strategies, or codes of practice as needed.
- Be the point person for client facing communications when needed – lead conference calls, prepare internal and external meeting agendas, prepare and distribute meeting notes, coordinate communications among all team members.
- Independent consultant for key clients:
- The next step for this role is independently managing client accounts, which may include travel, project management, liaison with regulators, problem solving, development of technical reports, and development of products and services to meet client needs.
Regulatory Consultant Required Qualifications: Minimum BA/BS degree, plus work experience.
- Experience and knowledge of anaerobic digestion and biogas upgrading systems, and other components of biogas to RNG projects for biogas-to-RNG projects including deal structure analysis, market analysis, feasibility studies, etc.
- Experience with biogas and renewable natural gas (RNG) from landfills, wastewater treatment plants, and agricultural digesters
- Experience with the compliance obligations of the RFS and LCFS programs
- Exposure or experience with life-cycle analysis (LCA) and GREET modeling
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
Contact information: Shashi Menon, CEO, email@example.com
Carbon is the biggest disruptor of the 21st century and over the next few decades. the world will transition to new ways of extracting, storing and using energy – processes that are more sustainable than those currently in practice. We believe a right mix of policy and practice can make this transition easier on affected sectors and align robust economic activity with carbon reduction. We are the catalysts that advise, shape and guide policy and practice to make this happen.
EcoEngineers delivers clean energy supply and use across multiple industry sectors with our systematic, proven 360° approach. We hold a deep understanding of what drives innovation and investment in clean energy projects, and our team of experts can guide you through the project development process from concept to commissioning. Our 360° project approach has evolved through hard-earned experience and unites our talented team with our core strengths — training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit.
We consider our team of employees to be the most valuable resource for achieving our goals. Our people are the ambassadors of our brand. The trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. We have 55 employees with most in our office in downtown Des Moines, Iowa and others working remotely. We have doubled in size over the past two years and expect significant growth to continue. Core office hours are from 8am to 5pm with a liberal flex time policy and working from home options.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.