Renewable Fuels Consultant/Account Manager
Team: Sales and Consulting
Direct Supervisor(s): VP Sales and VP Operations
Job Position Summary:
EcoEngineers is seeking a Renewable Fuels Consultant/Account Manager with expertise in helping entities transition to a clean energy economy. The ideal candidate will be a key part of the team to help grow the company to double in size within three years. We offer a strong and stable marketing team, project success team, and back-office support to allow Consultants to focus on their area of expertise and grow a book of business. Compensation includes a competitive base salary and commission on new sales.
EcoEngineers is targeting our existing customer base and expected growth in ethanol and biodiesel. The successful candidate will have an established network, expertise, and 7-10+ years’ experience in renewable fuels regulations, carbon markets, and project economics. This position will work with EcoEngineers’ internal teams to assess client needs and coordinate the offering and delivery of EcoEngineers’ 360° services (see below) to the regulated and voluntary carbon markets. This person will represent EcoEngineers at ethanol and biodiesel industry association events and will guide the EcoEngineers team on client needs. Key objectives of this role include:
- Manage client accounts to secure new business and manage existing accounts in ethanol and biodiesel.
- Manage all stages of the sales pipeline including project leads, needs assessment, proposal, closed won/lost.
Maintains DOER/SELLER role. The Renewable Fuel Consultant is the principal conduit of EcoEngineers services to the client. As a DOER, the right individual will act as the subject matter expert for renewable fuel regulations and carbon markets and mobilize EcoEngineers teams to deliver services. As a SELLER, the Account Manager will manage and grow the EcoEngineers brand within existing and new accounts. General job duties include:
- Low Carbon Fuels Consulting: Consult with clients to help them chart a pathway to a low-carbon future with emphasis on integrating EcoEngineers core services into the solution and assist in implementation. Specific services include, developing an educational program for stakeholders, conducting feasibility analyses of different approaches and technology use options, pre-development and development consulting, carbon intensity measurement and monitoring, regulatory analysis and engagement to maximize value of carbon reduction, support construction and startup activities, and creating a superior compliance tracking, monitoring and reporting system.
- Project management: Work directly with client on maintaining project scope and budget and schedules. Responsible for project budgeting, allocation of resources, and managing the project to a successful completion, according to quality and timeliness standards set by the applicable Program Manager. Managing a project implementation team at EcoEngineers when appropriate and coaching and mentoring support staff.
- Manage client specific projects and act as point person for client interaction for projects
- Dialogue with clients and conduct market research to understand their business model and service needs.
- Development of products and services to meet client needs.
- Business Development & Sales Support:
- Work with Sales & Marketing team to represent EcoEngineers within the low-carbon fuels industry and market the EcoEngineers brand to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the sales & marketing team.
- Identify service needs during client interactions and present these opportunities to the Sales & Marketing team in the form of 1-page summaries; follow up on leads when asked to do so by the Sales & Marketing team.
- Work within a team of Account Managers selling company services within the industry.
- Meet an annual sales goal to help company achieve financial objectives. Account Managers participate in a commission program with significant earning potential
- 7-10+ cumulative years in business development with emphasis on carbon offset markets, project development within renewable fuel regulation and carbon market framework. Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge of the renewable fuels industry and subject matter expertise
- Demonstrated experience as a consultant leading and inspiring high-performing teams.
- Have a solid grasp of regulations and voluntary drivers that expand renewable fuels use.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex technical and regulatory information into simple, concise language. Attention to detail and ability to think critically through systems and processes
- Strong computer skills relevant for data manipulation and analysis. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, specifically advanced level Excel (ability to perform advanced equations, graph, learn new functions quickly), and other data analysis software
- Ability to ask for help, multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently. About 30% travel is required to support a wide array of projects and clients
Location:Des Moines, IA; Houston, TX (future); or Remote
Compensation: Base Salary commensurate with experience plus commissions from individual sales.
Contact Information: Jim Ramm, P.E., VP Sales, email@example.com
EcoEngineers helps organizations create sustainable solutions for a better tomorrow. Our talented team of engineers, scientists, auditors, consultants, researchers, and analysts live and work at the intersection of low-carbon fuel policy, innovative technologies, and the carbon marketplace. Our people are trusted guides who help navigate the ever-changing energy landscape, providing the right tools, guidance, and knowledge to reduce our clients’ carbon footprints, and to assess the potential risk to our clients’ business from the uncertainties caused by a changing climate and low-carbon policies. Through our systematic approach, we deliver value and proven expertise through the entire clean energy continuum, including education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development, compliance management, audit, and verification.
At EcoEngineers, our people are the ambassadors of our brand and our most valuable asset. They advance our mission through their direct contributions of expertise, innovation, and integrity, and the trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our headquarters is located in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, with remote workers stationed across the country. Core office hours are 8 a.m. – 5p.m. with a liberal flex-time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.