Sr. Regulatory Consultant
Direct Supervisor: Consulting Manager
Job Position Summary
EcoEngineers is seeking Senior Consultants with deep expertise in helping entities transition to a clean energy economy. The ideal candidate will be a key part of the team to help grow the company to double in size within three years. We offer a strong and stable marketing team, project success team and back office support to allow Senior Consultants to focus on their area of expertise and grow a book of business. Compensation includes a competitive base salary and commission on new sales.
EcoEngineers is targeting the following sectors as key to our growth: petroleum extraction, refining and distribution; agriculture and food production; natural gas extraction, refining and distribution; city, state and national policy formulation, resource management and sustainability; banking, asset evaluation and project finance; and power generation and distribution. We are seeking Senior Consultants who hold key relationships in one or more of the above sectors and who can make a difference in sustainability practices in these sectors.
Some examples of an ideal candidate are provided below. This list is not meant to exhaustive – merely indicative of the variety of profiles that could be successful in this role.
- Someone with long-term relationships and the power to influence one of our target sectors and can help them transition to a low-carbon future
- Someone with broad policy experience and can help liaise between industry and government on policy creation and compliance
- Someone who has successfully developed online learning platforms and can apply that skill to building the premier library of sustainability learning materials as a subscription-based service
- Someone with experience with project finance, asset valuations and asset development in the clean energy sector
- Someone with expertise in growing and selling any one of EcoEngineers’ core services – training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit
- Other profiles as can be demonstrated to meet EcoEngineers’ business goals
The individual will stay current on industry trends and regulations; participate in industry trade programs; create thought leadership pieces; maintain client relationships; and successfully and competently manage complex projects by strictly adhering to schedule of activities and budget and producing high quality work products.
- Minimum years’ experience of 10-15 years
- Minimum Qualifications include Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in growing a book of business and expanding company’s service offerings
- Relationship management and sales experience
- Other skills/specialties include: Project Management, Effective Communications, Customer Relations, Quality Assurance / Quality Control, Problem Solving, Managing a Team
General Job Duties:
- Low-Carbon Fuels Consulting: Consult with clients to help them chart a pathway to a lowcarbon future with emphasis on integrating EcoEngineers core services into the solution and assist in implementation. Specific services include, developing an educational program for stakeholders, conducting feasibility analyses of different approaches and technology use options, pre-development and development consulting, carbon intensity measurement and monitoring, regulatory analysis and engagement to maximize value of carbon reduction, support construction and startup activities, and creating a superior compliance tracking, monitoring and reporting system.
- Project management: Work directly with client on maintaining project scope and budget and schedules. Responsible for project budgeting, allocation of resources, and managing the project to a successful completion, according to quality and timeliness standards set by the applicable Program Manager. Managing a project implementation team at EcoEngineers when appropriate and coaching and mentoring support staff.
- Manage client specific projects and act as point person for client interaction for projects o Dialogue with clients and conduct market research to understand their business model and service needs.
- Independent consultant for key clients:
- Handling major client accounts which may include travel, project management, liaison with regulators, development of technical reports, and development of products and services to meet client needs.
- Business Development & Sales Support:
- Work with Sales & Marketing team to represent EcoEngineers within the low-carbon fuels industry and market the EcoEngineers brand to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the sales & marketing team.
- Identify service needs during client interactions and present these opportunities to the Sales & Marketing team in the form of 1-page summaries; follow up on leads when asked to do so by the Sales & Marketing team.
- Work within a team of Account Managers selling company services within the industry.
- Meet an annual sales goal to help company achieve financial objectives.
- Account Managers participate in a commission program within unlimited earning potential.
Contact information: Shashi Menon, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon is the biggest disruptor of the 21st century and over the next few decades. the world will transition to new ways of extracting, storing and using energy – processes that are more sustainable than those currently in practice. We believe a right mix of policy and practice can make this transition easier on affected sectors and align robust economic activity with carbon reduction. We are the catalysts that advise, shape and guide policy and practice to make this happen.
EcoEngineers delivers clean energy supply and use across multiple industry sectors with our systematic, proven 360° approach. We hold a deep understanding of what drives innovation and investment in clean energy projects, and our team of experts can guide you through the project development process from concept to commissioning. Our 360° project approach has evolved through hard-earned experience and unites our talented team with our core strengths — training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit.
We consider our team of employees to be the most valuable resource for achieving our goals. Our people are the ambassadors of our brand. The trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our office is in the East Village neighborhood in downtown Des Moines. Core office hours are from 8 am to 5pm with a liberal flex time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.