Direct Supervisor(s): VP Operations
Job Position Summary:
EcoEngineers is looking for a highly motivated training professional to research, design, plan, implement, and assess effectiveness of training methods, resources, and tools for our employees. EcoEngineers is a dynamic and growing organization, and our employees are technically competent professionals in the field of carbon accounting, compliance, consulting, and policy. This position will work closely with company leadership to identify and prioritize employee developmental needs in the areas of process and people management, personal effectiveness, industry/job knowledge, and procedural/technical skills. The Training Director will also support an existing service line (EcoUniversity), which delivers training programs to our clients regarding the emerging carbon economy.
- Conducts and evaluates training and development needs assessments.
- Works effectively as a team member with members of EcoEngineers’ leadership team and Service Area Directors to develop training strategy, programs, and curriculum to meet company objectives.
- Reviews existing training programs; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Conducts or facilitates required and recommended training sessions.
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training and obtains or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media, including e-learning.
- Trains and coaches management staff and others who are responsible for employee development.
- Identifies and manages effective vendor-developed training to enhance curriculum offerings.
- Conducts follow-up assessments of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Communicates training information and schedules, maintains employee training records, and tracks statistical data for management reporting.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills,
- Ability to design and implement effective training programs in a corporate setting.
- Thorough understanding of instructional design theory and adult learning principles.
- Adept at using a variety of multimedia training platforms, resources, and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and determine development needs, set measurable goals and objectives, and measure the effectiveness of training.
- Strong ability to prioritize, plan, and organize
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Secondary/Post-Secondary Education or Communications.
- Three to five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs and adult education.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential is a plus.
- Background in environmental science is a plus.
Location: Des Moines, IA, preferred, but open to remote work
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
Contact Information: Randy Prati, CPA, VP Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon is the biggest disruptor of the 21st century. Over the next few decades, the world will transition to new and more sustainable methods of extracting, storing, and using energy. EcoEngineers believes the right mix of policy and practice will achieve carbon reduction goals while incenting robust economic activity and easing the transition for affected industries. We are the catalysts who will make this happen by advising, shaping, and guiding both policy and practices to create a clean energy economy.
EcoEngineers is a global leader in developing solutions to build a sustainable world. We achieve this by helping to create a world fueled by low-carbon energy sources. We hold a deep understanding of what drives innovation and investment in clean energy projects, and our team of experts specialize in training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management and auditing.
At EcoEngineers, our people are the ambassadors of our brand and our most valuable asset. They advance our mission through their direct contributions of expertise, innovation, and integrity, and the trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our office is located in downtown Des Moines. Core office hours are from 8 am to 5pm with a liberal flex-time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.