How do carbon markets impact U.S. agriculture?
Join us for a panel discussion on how carbon markets can reward sustainable farming. Learn steps you can take today to be part of scalable change to clean energy!
With greenhouse gas emissions and climate change making daily headlines, American farmers have an opportunity to make a difference. Not only are they caretakers of some of the most productive farmland in the world, but they are also stewards of soil that can sequester carbon.
We’re excited to bring you via our next webinar a panel of farmers, fuel industry representatives, technology providers, carbon aggregators, and government officials to explain how carbon markets are impacting American famers. Our panelists will answer the question: “What is the best way incentivize farmers to adopt carbon reduction and sequestration programs?” A Q&A session will follow each panelists’ response.
Meet our panelists:
- Mark Heckman, EcoEngineers Senior Regulatory Consultant, Iowa Farmer
- Kelly Nieuwenhuis, Iowa Farmer, U.S. Grain Council & NCGA ETHAT committee member, VP of Iowa Corn Promotion Board
- Ron Alverson, President of Board of Directors, American Coalition for Ethanol
- Tim Baye, Business Development/Energy Specialist at University of Wisconsin
- Bill Northey, Former Undersecretary to Farm Production and Conservation in the United States Department of Agriculture
- Lisa Streck, Carbon Business Model Grower Program Lead at Bayer Crop Science
We hope you can join us for this agricultural perspective that is the first of its kind for EcoEngineers!