EcoEngineers guides biofuel companies through the maze of international clean energy regulations and improves their bottom line by ensuring continuous access to carbon markets. Our core strengths are audit, compliance management and renewable energy consulting. Located in Des Moines’ trendy East Village neighborhood, we have a casual, fun, results-oriented work culture.
EcoEngineers is located in the East Village in Des Moines, Iowa and offers a flexible work environment, a full benefits package and career advancement opportunities along with the chance to help shape the future of the world! We are seeking candidates who enjoy problem solving and possess strong time management and communication skills for a Compliance Specialist position. The position will be responsible for a small book of client relationships, will work on special projects, interact with regulatory bodies and assist engineering and sales and marketing teams.
- Audit and manage compliance for a book of clients
- Maintain proficiency in renewable fuels industry regulations (RFS, LCFS, Cap-Trade, etc.)
- Demonstrate a level of technical expertise and industry understanding.
- Maintain communications with clients –troubleshoot compliance issues, request and verify documentations, etc.
- Review, analyze, and organize data provided by clients
- Prepare audit reports and monthly summaries
- Investigate and maintain detailed documentation of all compliance issues
- Assist engineering team and sales team tasks
- Other duties as needed
- BA/BS degree or Equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and meet deadlines consistently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong technical writing abilities and passion for detail
- Ability to travel to industry events, clients, and regulatory agencies as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter and adapt to changing environments
- Inner drive to innovate, improve processes, and aggressively pursue goals
Under the direction of the Sales and Marketing Director, the Sales Coordinator is a self-starter with proven relationship building skills and is a vital member of the EcoEngineers team who provides support and assists with the overall efforts of the sales program by executing across all lines of business. Position requires heavy phone outreach and regular follow-up.
Phase I: Develops a call plan and conducts sales calls to support marketing campaigns, appointment setting and other lead generation as requested.
- Represent company and brand to sales prospects on a list primarily through phone and email and occasionally in-person at conferences or trade shows.
- Validate and update prospect data in High Rise
- Identify and qualify sales opportunities and forward to account managers for follow up.
- Collaborates with Account Managers to update decisions and outcomes per proposal follow up, and assist with opportunities pipeline management
- Meet with the Sales and Marketing Director and/or Account Manager to review marketing campaigns, appointment setting, and other call objectives to achieve goals.
- Educate prospective targets on company products and services.
- Maintain the highest level of client satisfaction and coordinate with Account Manager if needed to resolve and follow up on questions or concerns raised during calls
- Follow up and check in with Account Managers on pending proposals on a regular basis
- Prepare and send list of pending proposals at 30 day pending status to Account Managers weekly to encourage follow up effort
- Collaborates with Sales & Marketing Director and Marketing Coordinator to develop client facing messaging and assist with targeted marketing campaigns
- Maintain detailed records of communications entered into High Rise and/or CRM System
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing Director to develop and implement targeted marketing campaigns, including tracking, reporting and fulfillment
- Maintains proposal templates and assembles proposals, responses to RFPs, RFQs, etc. in a timely manner.
- Tracks proposals sent by team members and prepares related reports.
Phase II: Help develop scope of work and prepare proposals –
- Identify prospects who request more information. Conduct internet search on prospect’s background. Check whether past client with Accounting.
- Follow account manager’s lead/direction to assist with proposal development as needed.
- Follow account managers lead/direction in follow up with prospect.
- Records outgoing proposals in tracking sheet and provides weekly proposal report to Sales & Marketing Director indicating sent and won proposals
- A Team Player who collaborates well with others
- Energetic outgoing self-starter
- A quick learner who can capture the essence of technical and regulatory details into effective verbal summary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Detailed oriented, adaptable, organized, and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with internet research strategies, Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and CRM system experience a plus
Education and Qualifications:
- Sales experience; excellent speaking and writing skills
- Degree in Marketing or Business Communications – preferred but not required.
- Experience working with technical material is preferred.
- Experience in renewable fuels industry will be very helpful.
EcoEngineers (www.ecoengineers.us) guides energy companies through the maze of regulations and improves their bottom line by ensuring continuous access to carbon markets. Our core strengths are audit, compliance management and renewable energy consulting. Located in Des Moines’ trendy East Village neighborhood, we have a casual, fun, result-oriented work culture.