EcoEngineers guides biofuel companies through the maze of international clean energy regulations and improves their bottom line by ensuring continuous access to carbon markets. Our core strengths are audit, compliance management and renewable energy consulting. Located in Des Moines’ trendy East Village neighborhood, we have a casual, fun, results-oriented work culture.
EcoEngineers is located in the East Village in Des Moines, Iowa and offers a flexible work environment, a full benefits package and career advancement opportunities along with the chance to help shape the future of the world! We are seeking candidates who enjoy problem solving and possess strong time management and communication skills for a Compliance Specialist position. The position will be responsible for a small book of client relationships, will work on special projects, interact with regulatory bodies and assist engineering and sales and marketing teams.
- Audit and manage compliance for a book of clients
- Maintain proficiency in renewable fuels industry regulations (RFS, LCFS, Cap-Trade, etc.)
- Demonstrate a level of technical expertise and industry understanding.
- Maintain communications with clients –troubleshoot compliance issues, request and verify documentations, etc.
- Review, analyze, and organize data provided by clients
- Prepare audit reports and monthly summaries
- Investigate and maintain detailed documentation of all compliance issues
- Assist engineering team and sales team tasks
- Other duties as needed
- BA/BS degree or Equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and meet deadlines consistently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong technical writing abilities and passion for detail
- Ability to travel to industry events, clients, and regulatory agencies as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter and adapt to changing environments
- Inner drive to innovate, improve processes, and aggressively pursue goals