IT Systems Administrator
Team: Admin Support
Direct Supervisor: CEO
Job Position Summary
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and solve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up server accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language is a plus
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Be available to be on call at times after office hours
- B.S./B.A. in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Contact Information: Shashi Menon, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon is the biggest disruptor of the 21st century and over the next few decades. the world will transition to new ways of extracting, storing and using energy – processes that are more sustainable than those currently in practice. We believe a right mix of policy and practice can make this transition easier on affected sectors and align robust economic activity with carbon reduction. We are the catalysts that advise, shape and guide policy and practice to make this happen.
EcoEngineers delivers clean energy supply and use across multiple industry sectors with our systematic, proven 360° approach. We hold a deep understanding of what drives innovation and investment in clean energy projects, and our team of experts can guide you through the project development process from concept to commissioning. Our 360° project approach has evolved through hard-earned experience and unites our talented team with our core strengths — training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit.
We consider our team of employees to be the most valuable resource for achieving our goals. Our people are the ambassadors of our brand. The trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. Our office is in the East Village neighborhood in downtown Des Moines. Core office hours are from 8 am to 5pm with a liberal flex time policy.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.