Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) Services Director
Team: Consulting and Sales
Direct Supervisor: Sales Manager for sales and Consulting Manager for operations and delivery
Job Position Summary
EcoEngineers is seeking a strong Service Director for Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). The successful candidate will have a wide network, deep expertise, and 10+ years experience in SAF regulations, carbon markets and project economics. He/She will work with EcoEngineers internal teams, assess client needs, and coordinate the offering and delivery of EcoEngineers’ 360° services (see below) to the regulated and voluntary SAF markets. This person will represent EcoEngineers at SAF industry association events and will guide the EcoEngineers team on key strategies to address the particular needs of the SAF market. Key objectives of this role include:
- Secure major new business and manage existing strategic accounts in SAF.
- Suggest/lead new product development through market analysis and industry knowledge.
- Provide market information to internal teams on current trends, sales techniques, and strategies for application of EcoEngineers’ services in regulated and voluntary SAF markets.
- Develop and implement national sales account strategy to meet company objectives.
Maintains DOER/SELLER role. The SAF Services Director is the principal conduit of EcoEngineers services to the SAF sector. As a DOER, the right individual will act as the subject matter expert for SAF regulations and carbon markets and mobilize EcoEngineers teams to deliver services; this will involve project team management as well as ensuring the quality of and timely delivery of services. As a SELLER, the SAF Services Director will manages and grow the EcoEngineers brand within the SAF sector; manage critical and strategic accounts; and lead the sales team in their approach to sell services to SAF producers, marketers and end users. This role is ultimately responsible for the overall sales to the SAF sector and will act as lead account/project manager for special projects within the LOB.
- Responsible for overall implementation of the SAF Line of Business (LOB)
- Set sales strategies by identifying market trends and opportunities for Scope 1, 2 and 3 reduction goals in client base
- Set client expectations – ensuring high client satisfaction throughout client engagement
- Set and meet sales targets and strategies/budget to meet goals for the SAF LOB.
- Lead sales/marketing campaigns and a marketing strategy based on thought leadership through webinar/conference presentations, and other industry-facing activities
- Recommend and implement systems improvement: create, collaborate, and update internal processes; including software efficiencies, strategic staffing arrangements, training and communication, etc. as related to programs overseen
- Train and build capacity within the sales team to meet the needs of SAF client base, including account management, lead qualifying through needs assessment, developing scopes of service, preparation of proposals and closing on sales
- Lead new product development, expansion of services in area of expertise.
- Responsible for delivering quality work product to clients:
- Help in liaising and maintaining/cultivating positive relationships with regulators (EPA, CARB, etc.), industry associations, and voluntary market program frameworks
- Lead projects or act as a member of the consulting project team when needed to effectively deliver work products on time and on budget.
- Perform QAQC reviews of critical work under the SAF LOB to ensure client needs are met
- Assists Sales Manager, Consulting Manager, and Audit Manager in developing and implementing company growth vision
- Ten or more cumulative years in business development with emphasis on carbon offset markets, project development within SAF regulation and carbon market framework. Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Experience with commercial contracting and deal structuring. Proven knowledge of the Sustainable Aviation Fuel industry and subject matter expertise in SAF
- Demonstrated experience as a consultant leading and inspiring high-performing teams.
- Have a solid grasp of all regulations and voluntary drivers that expand SAF use and how they interplay.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex technical and regulatory information into simple, concise language. Attention to detail and ability to think critically through systems and processes
- Strong computer skills relevant for data manipulation and analysis. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, specifically advanced level Excel (ability to perform advanced equations, graph, learn new functions quickly), and other data analysis software
- Ability to ask for help, multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently. About 30% travel is required to support a wide array of projects and clients
- EU Emissions Trading System
- International Civil Aviation Organization
- International Air Tranport Association
- Voluntary carbon markets
- SAF and Carbon Credit Marketing
- Project and Business Development
Compensation: Base Salary commensurate with experience plus commissions from individual sales and incentives for LOB team sales targets
Contact Information: Jim Ramm, P.E., Director of Engineering, email@example.com
Carbon is the biggest disruptor of the 21st century and over the next few decades. the world will transition to new ways of extracting, storing and using energy – processes that are more sustainable than those currently in practice. We believe a right mix of policy and practice can make this transition easier on affected sectors and align robust economic activity with carbon reduction. We are the catalysts that advise, shape and guide policy and practice to make this happen.
EcoEngineers delivers clean energy supply and use across multiple industry sectors with our systematic, proven 360° approach. We hold a deep understanding of what drives innovation and investment in clean energy projects, and our team of experts can guide you through the project development process from concept to commissioning. Our 360° project approach has evolved through hard-earned experience and unites our talented team with our core strengths — training and education, regulatory engagement, life-cycle analysis, asset development consulting, compliance management, and audit. EcoEngineers is well suited to assist client expansion into the regulated and voluntary markets which continue to develop. We provide a unique platform upon which to build a low carbon consulting line of business.
We consider our team of employees to be the most valuable resource for achieving our goals. Our people are the ambassadors of our brand. The trust they build with clients is the foundation of our success. EcoEngineers strives to provide a work environment based on trust, transparency, open communication, and mutual respect. We have 55 employees with most in our office in downtown Des Moines, Iowa and others working remotely. We have doubled in size over the past two years and expect significant growth to continue. Core office hours are from 8am to 5pm with a liberal flex time policy and working from home options.
EcoEngineers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified or qualifiable applicants will be employed without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.